The great Indian festival of colours, Holi is all about having a gala time with your nearest and dearest ones. If you’re also travelling to your hometown to celebrate this colourful festival, then why should the celebrations wait? Kick-start the festivities by indulging in some scrumptious dishes and delightful sweets that will truly remind you of home. Don’t think that’s possible? Well, IRCTC eCatering is there for you. Order food online through eCatering service and never be disappointed. It’s time to add some colour to your train journey by ordering traditional mouth-watering dishes that make this vibrant festival extra special.
Here are our top 8 recommendations of must-have sweet & savoury snacks on your next train journey.
- Gujiya: What’s Holi without a plate full of gujiya? The authentic Holi sweet, these sweet, stuffed dumplings are immensely popular across North India. The richness of its dry fruit stuffing and the crispiness of this fried dumpling makes this sweet dish a must-have in the festive season. To order this crispy & fried sweet snack on your train journey from Haldiram or any restaurant of your choice, download IRCTC eCatering ‘Food On Track’ app or visit the website.
- Phirni: Also known as kheer in some parts of the country, this simple rice pudding makes for a creamy dessert that is perfect for Holi. To order this delicacy on the train, download the IRCTC ‘Food On Track’ app from the App Store/ Play Store, visit the website or call 1323. Don’t forget to share it with your travel companion and spread some festive cheer!
- Dahi Vada: Start your meal with a bowl of sweet & tangy dahi vada, a yummy dish bursting with flavours and made heavenly by the addition of authentic Indian savoury herbs. Just take a small bite and you’ll end up devouring the whole!
- Malpua: The Indian dessert version of a pancake, malpuas are especially popular during Holi. Oozing sugar syrup from its every pore, this traditional dessert is sweet indulgence at its best. Add a dash of sweetness to your Holi celebrations by ordering them through IRCTC eCatering online food service. Visit ecatering.irctc.co.in or download the ‘Food On Track’ app.
- Dal Kachori: An all-time favourite snack, it’s hard to resist kachoris! Stuffed with dal, spices and fried till crunchy, you should eat this traditional Indian snack with sweet tamarind chutney to achieve the perfect balance of flavours. Fancy a delivery of hot & lip-smacking kachori on your train seat/berth? Download the IRCTC ‘Food On Track’ app or visit the website to order anytime during your train journey. It will be delivered to your seat, fresh!
- Pakoras: Want to order snacks for the train journey? Get some crunchy fritters delivered to your seat. Accompany this delicious snack with a cup of masala tea and energize yourself. To place your orders, call on 1323 or visit IRCTC eCatering’s website.
- Ras Malai: A sweet platter for Holi is incomplete without the delicious ras malai. Originating in West Bengal, this dish is made of sweet dough balls that are infused with the delicate flavours of cream, saffron and mixed nuts. Can’t wait to try this magical sweet dish? Download the IRCTC ‘Food On Track’ app and order now!
- Papdi Chaat: The festival of colours calls for some colourful dishes. A melange of curd, crisp wafers and a host of spices, this delicacy never disappoints! Sweet, tangy and spicy, this perfect snack brings together all our favourite flavours. Is your mouth watering already? Use IRCTC’s eCatering service to get delivery of papdi chaat right on your train seat/berth.
Food for long train journeys is no longer a problem as you can easily order from 500+ restaurants using IRCTC eCatering service. Get one of these decadent desserts from famous food giants like Haldiram’s or pick a local food vendor enlisted with IRCTC. From proper hygiene to secure packaging, it takes care of every little detail so that you’re only served the best. Ready to order food online? Download the IRCTC ‘Food On Track’ app today. Here’s wishing you safe journey and a flavourful Holi!