Terms & Conditions of IRCTC eCatering service
- “eCatering” means the provision of delivery of pre-ordered meals (by
selection) at the seat/berth on the train, which includes: –
- Pre-ordered meal (along with Railneer/approved PDW, Beverages) in
- Delivery of Meals as per schedule of train at station.
- Delivery of Pre-ordered meal along with bill/invoice.
- “Customer” means bonafide Railway passenger(s).
- Charges” means the charges to be paid by the Customer in respect of
eCatering services in accordance with charging structure which may be
amended by IRCTC from time to time
- “Delivery Code” means an alpha-numeric code which shall be provided to the passenger
through email and SMS (Short Message Service) by IRCTC. At the time of taking delivery
of the pre-ordered meal the passenger shall provide the delivery code to the authorized
personnel delivering the meal. The delivery of pre- ordered meal shall be subject to
passenger giving correct and identical delivery code as provided to the passenger at the time
of booking of the meal.
- “Station” means Railway station over Indian Railways network.
- “Train” means trains operated and managed by Indian Railways.
- Email address and/or mobile telephone with SMS facility is essential for
using eCatering service.
2. Formation of Contract
- The eCatering services are provided by IRCTC subject to these terms and
conditions, the acceptance of which the Customer shall confirm and agree
by the act of booking the eCatering services and paying the charges.
- No representative, employee or salesperson or agent of IRCTC or its
Service Provider has authority to vary, amend or waive any of these
- These terms and conditions will prevail over any terms or conditions
proposed by the Customer orally or on any order form or similar document:
and any such other terms and conditions proposed shall not be binding on
3. eCatering services
- All specifications, descriptions, drawings, photographs or illustrations
of the meals shown on the website, photograph, mail, advertisements etc.
are purported to be food & beverage items which may not be identical
to the item delivered. Any other advertising matter and sample books are
only intended to serve as a guide and not to be relied upon by the
Customer or treated as binding or as forming part of these conditions or
any contract with the Customer.
- IRCTC shall use its reasonable endeavours to deliver the pre-ordered meals
with/without beverages to the customer at seat/berth on the selected train
during the booked meal, but reserves the right to cancel the order due to
technical reasons or otherwise in which case an alternative pre-ordered
meal with or without beverage will be delivered or a refund of the Charges
will be made at the discretion of IRCTC.
- IRCTC shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure suitable delivery of
pre-ordered meals on the seat/berth on the train including timely delivery
with packaged meal, ensuring staff/service provider are on hand to respond
to any queries, of the customer.
- “Charges payable for the eCatering services shall be as applicable for the
chosen/selected meal items for pre-order by the customer for delivery at
the selected trains. The charges are inclusive of applicable GST and other
government taxes and packing charges “.
5. Terms of Payment
- Customers shall make payment for the eCatering services at the time of
booking of meal by entering the details of their debit/credit card/net
banking/e-wallet on on-line booking form, provided that such debit/credit
card/net banking/e-wallet is listed as acceptable by IRCTC on the booking
form instructions. If customer wishes to make payment at the time of
delivery, he/she can book the order through Payment on Delivery(PoD)
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, the Customer shall not be entitled
to any discount.
6. Customer’s Obligations
- The customer may pre-order the meal on-line on eCatering service anytime
after booking of ticket and up to 02 hours of scheduled arrival of the
train (In certain cases vendors have opted to serve meals even within 02
hrs. of train reaching a station) at selected station and shall ensure
that all fields in the format have been filled in correctly. IRCTC shall
not be responsible for any incorrect information provided by the customer.
- The Customer shall be a bonafide Rail passenger having a valid railway
ticket with PNR.
- The customer must carry the railway ticket at the time of delivery of
pre-ordered meal at the seat/berth on the stationary train. IRCTC shall
not be liable for the delivery of pre-ordered meal in case the passenger
is not carrying the valid Railway ticket and not giving correct and
identical delivery code, at the time of delivery, as provided to the
passenger at the time of booking of the meal.
- IRCTC and the service provider with whom IRCTC has entered into an
agreement for the provision of delivery of pre-ordered meals reserve the
right at their sole and absolute discretion to refuse delivery if the
passenger resorts to violence and/or abusive language with the authorized
- Customers must be present on the seat/berth as confirmed against the PNR
on the selected train during the period of trains stationed at the
selected Railway station. IRCTC or the service provider shall not be
liable for non-delivery of the pre-ordered meal in case, passenger is not
available at the seat/berth as confirmed against PNR on the selected train
during the stationary period of the train at selected Railway station as
location of the customer cannot be determined otherwise.
- Pre-deboarding/No show/Non-Boarding:
- In case of pre-deboarding of the customer by detraining at any station
prior to the selected station on train route, IRCTC shall not be
liable to deliver the pre-ordered meal at any other station or in any
other train other than as selected by the passenger.
- Customers must be present on the seat/berth as confirmed against the
PNR on the selected train during the period of trains stationed at the
selected Railway station. In case, customer is not present/seated on
the seat/berth as confirmed against the PNR for the selected train,
the customer shall be considered to be No-Show and IRCTC or the
service provider shall not be liable for non-delivery of the
pre-ordered meal during the stationary period of the train at selected
Railway station as location of the customer cannot be determined
otherwise and in such cases refund shall not be permissible.
- In case, the passenger has neither cancelled nor boarded the train,
the IRCTC shall not be liable for non-delivery.
- IRCTC shall not be responsible for any delay in arrival/departure of the
- All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Delhi
7. Cancellation/Revision Policy
- Prior to 02 hours of delivery, booking of meal can be cancelled. In cases
where vendor has opted delivery time, less than 02 hrs, orders can be
cancelled within 05 minutes from time of booking. No revision/cancellation
is permitted within 02 hours of scheduled arrival time of the train at the
- No revision/cancellation is permitted within 02 hours of scheduled arrival
time of the train at the selected station.
- Cancellation is not allowed at the time of delivery of pre-ordered meal.
- Any amendment is subject to cancellation of previous booking.
- Revision in booking of eCatering service may be allowed subject to
condition that customer cancels the previous booking of meal.
8. Refund Policy
- If amount gets debited from customer account and orders are not being
confirmed due to technical reasons IRCTC will refund the entire amount (as
credit to the relevant credit /debit card account used for the
- IRCTC’s payment reconciliation team works on a 24 x 7 basis, IRCTC offers
no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds
reaching the Customers bank accounts. This is on account of the
multiplicity of organizations involved in processing of online
transactions, the problems with Internet infrastructure currently
available and working days/holidays of financial institutions.
- In case train is cancelled by the Railways due to accidents, breaches or
floods, Bandh or Rail Roko agitation etc- full refund of the entire amount
will be granted provided the customer cancels the order. On line
cancellation of such cases can be done up to 72 hrs after the scheduled
delivery time. However, there shall be no auto refund, the passenger shall
have to make claim for refund in such cases.
- In case a train is running late, and reaches the meal delivery station
beyond the service time; i.e. after 2200 hrs; the delivery of meal is not
guaranteed by IRCTC. In such case, if food is not delivered to passenger,
full refund shall be made.
- In the event of vendor of IRCTC failing to make the delivery for any
reason whatsoever, customer has to make a claim of refund either by giving
feedback or by calling customer care within 05 days of the scheduled
delivery day, failing which order would be deemed to be delivered and no
claim for refund would be entertained thereafter.
- It is clarified that, by placing an order(s) through eCatering services, a
customer unconditionally and fully accepts all above terms and conditions
of eCatering services.
9. Limitation of Liability
- IRCTC shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, special or
consequential loss including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of
contract, loss of revenue or loss of business, howsoever arising whether
in contract, tort (including negligence) or statuary duty or otherwise.
- The aggregate liability of IRCTC, whether in contract, tort of including
negligence or breach of statuary duty or otherwise to the customer for any
loss or damage whether asserted by the Customer or third parties, of
whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no
circumstances shall exceed the Charges paid by the Customer for the
- IRCTC shall under no circumstances be liable for any Customer failing to
be present at the seat/berth during the period of the train being
stationary at the selected station. Neither IRCTC nor any service provider
with whom IRCTC has entered into an agreement for the provision of
eCatering services has any obligation to inform train delays.
- IRCTC shall under no circumstances be liable for any customer failing to
provide Delivery Code for the delivery of pre-ordered meal.
- IRCTC shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible for the choice
made by the customer for the particular meal item and it shall be solely
at his own risk.
- All information, recommendations and advice given by or on behalf of IRCTC
to the Customer regarding train details are given without liability on the
part of IRCTC.
- In the event of any dispute arising amongst the Parties, the parties agree
to use their best efforts to attempt to resolve all disputes in prompt,
equitable and good faith. In the event the parties are unable to do so
then such disputes or difference arising under any of these condition or
in connection with this contract (except as to any matter the decision of
arbitration as per the provisions of “the Arbitration Conciliation
Act-1996”. The event shall be referred to the Sole arbitration of an
officer or other person, nominated by Chairman and managing Director,
IRCTC to be arbitrator however will not be one of those who have had one
opportunity to deal with the matters to be which the contract relates or
who in the course of their duties have expressed views on all or any of
the matters under dispute of difference. The award of Arbitrator shall be
final and binding on the parties to this contract. The venue of the
arbitration shall be at New Delhi. The arbitration fee shall be shared
between the arbitrator and IRCTC equally.
11. Force Majeure
- IRCTC shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage caused to
or suffered by the Customer as a direct or indirect result if the
provision of the eCatering service by or on behalf of IRCTC being
prevented, restricted, hindered or delayed by reason of any circumstances
outside the control of IRCTC.
The right power and remedies provided pursuant to these conditions are
cumulative and do not exclude or affect any rights, powers and remedies
provided by law. No delay in exercising, or no exercising IRCTC of any rights
or remedies under these conditions shall operate as a waiver or lease of that
right, power or remedy.
13. Conditions for issuance and usage of coupon
- The coupon code is non transferable to another user.
- Only one coupon can be used at one time.
- Applicable on both prepaid and POD orders.
- Validity of coupon is for 6 months from the date of issue.
- The coupon is temporarily not applicable for Domino’s.
- In case of non delivery, your coupon will be treated as unused coupon and
one additional coupon will be issued.
- In case of cancellation of order on which coupon is applied, coupon will
be treated as unused. In case of partial delivered orders, if the amount
of the delivered items is less than Rs. 100/- the applied coupon will be
fully consumed/applied against the delivered order.
For any further queries please contact us by calling our 24-hour Customer care
It is clarified that, by placing an order(s) through eCatering
services, a customer unconditionally and fully accepts all above terms and
conditions of eCatering services.