Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation is the largest ticket booking portal that handles more than 5 lakh bookings every single day. IRCTC makes traveling in Indian Railways comfortable and exciting with its food online khana order venture. E-catering is a platform that allows passengers to order food online and get it delivered right on their seats. The most important fact about e-catering is that it only partners with FSSAI approved vendors which guarantees fresh and hygienically packed food deliveries. As of now, e-catering has partnered with more than 500 restaurants all over India.
The process to order food through e-=catering is extremely easy. The food while traveling in train can be ordered in three simple ways. The passenger can:
Besides a convenient food ordering process, e-catering strives to cover multiple cuisines from all over the world. The Indian Railway food menu available on e-catering consists:
1) Punjabi – Famous for its local cooking style and strong flavors and spices , Punjabi cooking is incomplete without tandoor. The passengers can order Chole Bhature, Aloo Paratha, Amritsari Kulcha, Dahi Vada, and Chana Masala and enjoy it onboard.
2) South-Indian – Prepared with an exclusive range of spices, South Indian dishes are scrumptious and delightful for taste buds. The passengers can choose from a variety of dosas, sambhar, idli and uttapam.
3) Mughlai – Mughlai cuisine was developed during the reign of Mughal Empire in Medieval India. The passengers can enjoy mouth-watering chicken and mutton biryani on train with delicious kebabs, and Gulab Jamun.
4) Chinese – E-catering has partnered with restaurants which prepare chinese meals. Devour delicious dishes of chinese origin onboard that include Kung Pao chicken, Chowmein, Noodles, Dumplings, and flavorful soups.
5) Italian – E-catering has partnered with Domino’s that fulfills all pizza cravings that people have onboard. Besides pizzas, the passengers can also order tasty pastas to fulfill food temptations and make train journeys memorable.
People traveling in Indian trains can also enjoy a huge variety of fast food and beverages that include burgers, french fries, and cold drinks. The sole objective of IRCTC to launch e-catering was to provide almost every meal to the passengers onboard without any hassle. In addition to the food ordering feasibility, e-catering also offers multiple payment options from online to cash on delivery. Such unique features make e-catering offer a one-of-a-kind food delivery service on train.