Covid-19 has rung an alarm bell for the tourism, hospitality& food sectors. The importance of personal and food hygiene cannot be overstated as even the slightest negligence on that part can have dire consequences on the lives of customers as well as that of businesses. Therefore, as life and trains are slowly coming back on track, we at IRCTC are doing everything in our power to ensure that passengers can travel safely and comfortably. IRCTC’s eCatering service has taken stronger measures to minimise the risk of infection and issued health & safety guidelines for its authorised food partners & vendors. So that, when you order your favourite meals on the train seat, you are delivered a promise of safety alongside your meal.
In order to maintain safety and hygiene while food preparation delivery, we have curated a comprehensive hygiene checklist for food so that passengers can order food carefree. Want to know everything our restaurant vendors are doing to ensure food safety and hygiene in the kitchen? Read on to find out.
- Wearing Masks: As advised by the World Health Organization & Ministry of Health, wearing a mask has been made mandatory for all staff members who are involved in food preparation.
- Regular TemperatureChecks: All staff members have to undergo a body temperature check every day and any employee with higher than normal temperature is required to rest at home.
- Frequent Hand Wash: All staff members wash their hands regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds using soap and water and clean them with an alcohol-based sanitizer routinely
- Sanitizing Kitchen: As per WHO guidelines, kitchens are cleaned and sanitized every four hours. All kitchen equipment including utensils, cutting boards, service equipment, work tables, etc. is thoroughly scrubbed and cleaned using hot/detergent and hot water. After this washing and rinsing, the kitchen is sanitized either manually or mechanically using a good quality sanitizing solution.
- Washing and Cooking: The raw food materials are properly washed before use and the food is cooked at a higher temperature to potentially kill any viruses.
- Proper Packaging: Once prepared, the food is enclosed in a package that is properly sealed so that the food items don’t get contaminated by any outside substances.
Apart from these measures, minimum contact delivery and pre-paid orders are encouraged. All delivery executives have been advised to be careful in handling the food. The executives also have to wear N-95 masks and maintain proper social distancing while delivering their food orders. The set-up and use of AarogyaSetu app is also encouraged for contact tracing and quick self-assessment.
We believe that IRCTC eCatering is equipped to serve the customers satisfactorily by taking care of proper food hygiene and sanitisation. As a measure, we request you to order only from IRCTC eCatering when travelling on train and not fall for touts or other vendors posing to be our partners. The quality and hygiene standards that we promise and deliver on are hard to match. Because the time demands us all to be cautious, to place your food order while travelling on the train, download the IRCTC eCatering ‘Food On Track’, call 1323 or visit our official website www.ecatering.irctc.co.in
As essential travel cannot be avoided, we are taking all measures and precautions to fight Covid-19 even as we slowly adapt to the ‘new normal’. When it comes to IRCTC eCatering, you can rest assured that food safety and hygiene in the kitchen is paramount and will not be compromised at any cost. As mentioned above, a strict set of guidelines has been shared with all our restaurant partners. With the help of regular follow-ups with zone officers and live videos, we are making sure that all vendors are following these instructions and doing their part in maintaining food safety. Now that the extensive catering food menu is back, you must be confused about what to order. But don’t worry. Take a look at our recommendations here and enjoy your train journey, almost like old times! Even during these unprecedented times, we shall strive to serve you healthy, quality and safe meals for all your train journeys in India. To place your orders, download IRCTC ‘Food On Track’ app or visit www.ecatering.irctc.co.in.