Winter is finally here and there is no better feeling than travelling on a train while holding a steaming cup of tea in your hand. If you’ve already booked your train journey, then here’s a reason to rejoice even more. With IRCTC eCatering service, you can enjoy some of the best lip-smacking winter delights that will make your train journey memorable and fun. If you are not sure about what to order from such an extensive rail meal menu, here are top 8 recommendations for this season.
- Chhole Bhature: A plate of piping hot chhole with fluffy bhaturas truly defines comfort food. Devour this heavenly combo with your friends & family and spice up your journey.
- Aloo Tikki: Another absolute favorite, you can now enjoy the delightful & flavorful snack of aloo tikki on the train, anytime of the day, along with a hot beverage to ward off the chills. You can also choose an accompaniment like curd or chhole as per your preference.
- Shahi Biryani: While biryani can be relished all round the year, there is something special about feasting on a delish bowl of this delicacy in winters. It makes for a very fulfilling meal and you can enjoy it on the train by ordering it from IRCTC eCatering app ‘Food On Track’ or the official website.
- Stuffed Tandoori Parantha: A classic dish from Punjab, it is perfect for breakfast as it will keep you energized throughout the day. You can choose from different stuffing options and order paranthas through IRCTC eCatering service.
- Moong Daal Halwa: If you have a sweet tooth, then satiate your cravings with a serving of hot & delicious traditional moong daal halwa prepared in pure desi ghee. Garnished with rich dry fruits, it is the dessert of the season.
- Tea time snacks: Making the evening more exciting by ordering snacks on the go. You can choose either vegetable fritters, samosa, dhokla or French fries from the menu and munch on tasty snacks during the train journey.
- Butter Roast Dosa: Every South India’s delight, an extra dash of butter makes this light meal more suited for the cold weather. Order it for lunch and don’t forget to finish the bowl of hot sambhar served with it. You can choose from an extensive menu of IRCTC’s food partner like Sarvana Bhavan to make your pick.
- Veg Extravaganza Pizza: Well, every season is the right season for an extra cheesy pizza. So, why not enjoy it in winter as well? If you’re planning to make a meal of it, then choose one with lots of toppings to make it more satisfying. You can also order a choco lava cake alongside pizza, garlic bread & a cold drink from one of our food partners, Domino’s, for a complete and satisfying meal experience on the train.
Spoilt for choice, aren’t you? IRCTC eCatering, strives to provide the best travel food services in India. Rightly so, it is the only authorised agency to take & deliver orders through eCatering on the train. You can easily order food for a long train journey as well as a short one. While there are over 500 plus restaurant partners to choose from, more variety is offered only at the major stations. So, make sure you take a look at the list of stations in advance and then choose your favourites accordingly. You can check the “rail meal menu” after entering your PNR number and basic details on the official website or ‘Food on Track’ app. Ready to order? Download the ‘Food on Track’ app from App Store or Play store today.