Looking for recommendations for food delivery at New Delhi railway station or any other railway station across India? You’ve arrived at the right destination. Here are 7 delicious dishes that will leave you asking for more.
- Farmhouse Pizza: If you are in the mood to indulge, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm slice of cheesy pizza. Gather your travel companions and order a large, cheesy pizza from Domino’s Pizza for an impromptu pizza party on the train. While you can choose from a range of delicious pizzas, pastas, appetizers, desserts and other Italian delights, we believe that the good old Farmhouse Pizza with the freshness of vegetables never disappoints!
- Chicken Tikka Sub: Want something that is both healthy and tasty? Order away a wholesome ‘chicken tikka sub’ from Subway. If you are a vegetarian, you can pick a corn and peas sub with a suitable pairing of sauces. One of the best things about ordering from Subway is that it is conveniently wrapped and can be relished without making a mess.
- Chole Bhature: A list of popular dishes in Delhi would be incomplete without a mention of the flavorful Punjabi delight, chole bhature. Although a little too filling, they can be enjoyed with a glass of lassi if you are looking for a heavy breakfast. And what are holidays for, if not a little bit of indulgence? Available from a couple of amazing restaurants, we recommend the classic chole bhature from Haldiram’s that are always a hit!
- Masala Dosa: South Indian cuisine includes an array of nourishing food dishes that are sure to satiate the taste buds. Saravana Bhavan’s ‘masala dosa’ served with sambar and two different chutneys makes for a wonderful meal. If you want to order an evening snack to go with your tea or coffee, then you can check out a multitude of appetizing options easily available on their menu.
- Dum Gosht Biryani: A great pick if you are looking for non-veg food delivery in train, a steaming pot of ‘dum gosht biryani’ from Behrouz Biryani will instantly transport you to the land of nawabs. A truly rich and decadent dish, this one is sure to hit that sweet spot in your belly and make your train journey a wonderful culinary experience.
- Veg Club Sandwich: Feeling the hunger pangs but don’t want an elaborate fair? We have the perfect solution for you. Order a ‘veg club sandwich’ from Nirula’s and enjoy it on the go. You can also order a thick and creamy shake to complement the sandwich and you can sip on it while enjoying the beautiful views of the countryside.
- Veg Deluxe Thali: Nothing does more justice to a complete meal than a ‘deluxe thali’ which is served with an assortment of freshly cooked vegetables, breads, rice, daal, raita, pickle and even a sweet dish. Immensely popular among large travel groups who wish to order fresh food on the train, this not so little platter has something special for every member of the family!
Want to know how to order these tasty dishes? Read this article for a simple step-by-step guide. IRCTC’s eCatering service brings to you:
- Healthy, hygienic and fresh meal on the train
- A wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes for breakfast, lunch, snack-time and dinner
- Quick and hassle-free food delivery on your train seat or berth
- Easy ordering through mobile app, website or call
- Multiple payment options through a secure gateway & simple refunds
So, why go elsewhere? Whether you have to order veg, non-veg food delivery in train, healthy food delivery at New Delhi railway station, order online food in train at Patna or any other railway station across the country, IRCTC’s eCatering is the way to go! And with so many amazing benefits and pocket-friendly food combos, who needs to worry about food when travelling? Choose the best for the most memorable train experience!